Hello, friends. I'm back. And I'm back because guess what? Moving is hard. Very hard. Extremely, uber, hella, insert your slang of choice here hard. Shout out to you kids that move cities all the time because Lord knows I couldn't do it. So yeah, Seattle, dudes. I'm here. It's been 7 months, and things are getting better. Much better. Which is why I decided to blog again.
But actually, I'm blogging again for three reasons:
1. Michelle Visage told me to in the last "What's the Tee?" podcast. Actually, she didn't tell me to, but RuPaul discussed The Artist's Way and artist dates, which was a cosmic brainwave saying GET REAL AND START WRITING, YA DINKUS.
2. My therapist told me to, and she knows everything. She's right every time. Also, see a therapist. It's great. 10/10 would recommend.
3. My photos need a home. GIVE THE PHOTOS A HOME! they cried, sitting lost and lonely on the SD card collecting dust on my desk.
So where the hell have I been anyway? I've been:
- Hating blogging because the internet is WAY too full of opinions, criticisms, and unsolicited feedback. I didn't know how to deal with that, nor did I want to deal with it. So I ran away.
- Watching a lot of Friends. A shit load. (Read: fuckload.)
- Buying and immediately returning a lot of cheap dresses from Target because I don't know how to dress my 28 year old body anymore.
- Learning how to play the piano. I learned how to play "Peter, Peter" today, and nobody can take that away from me. Not ever.
- Navigating a life crisis where I quit my job, then didn't quit it, and now just mostly do this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ with my brain.
- Drinking a lot of Coke Zero.
- Using a lot of gerunds, even though the editors at work would crucify me if they knew.
- Reading books about 3 pages at a time because goldarnit, I just can't stay awake once I start. Sue me.
- Brushing my cats. You should have seen the pile of fur that came out of Royal today. Little shit.
- Getting in my pajamas promptly at 5:30pm because let's be real--this bitch isn't going anywhere after work.
- Cleaning out the old Vanagon for our annual trip to Moab, UT. It's Syncro Solstice time. I'm sorry I don't have my archives to link to here. The old blog had to go. Die, old blog! Die a fiery death.
- Avoiding laundry.
- Learning how to properly compost since it's a law in Seattle. Which is great! I'm just an idiot from Utah that doesn't know how.
- Making lists of shit to do on the weekends so I remember that I like it here--and that I'm good enough, smart enough, and doggonnit, people like me.
Like I mentioned--the old blog has died a fiery death. Kind of like in First Knight when Richard Gere (Lancelot) sends Sean Connery's (King Arthur) dead body out into the ocean on a raft and then lights it on fire with a flaming arrow. BUT--I did transfer over the 2015 Self-Love Renegade Brigade post because it's still a thing. At least I want it to be a thing. So, let's make it a thing. My old blog may be dead, but self-love is still top priority.
Love yourself, love your body, and in a completely unrelated note--enjoy some photos of the Ballard Locks.